FREE Shipping Lower 48 States

The 5 Most Common Myths About Solar Energy

The 5 Most Common Myths About Solar Energy

It’s difficult escaping myths about interesting topics, especially around the environment and sustainable living. Research the most common myths about solar energy and learn these five.

Solar Energy Isn’t Budget-Friendly

Close to 20 years ago, solar energy wasn’t affordable. But today, many people can afford to have solar energy in their homes. Whether you use solar panels or generators, solar energy is an insanely budget-friendly investment anyone can try. In fact, solar energy pricing goes down by 10 percent every year.

It’s Not a Reliable Source of Energy

This is not true at all. While it’s true that solar panels and generators require maintenance, it’s not as bad as it sounds. Also, solar systems work all year round, so there’s never a time when the solar panels and generators stop absorbing energy. If it suddenly does stop working, you’ll need to take it in for a professional inspection.

Solar Power Lets You Live Off-Grid Automatically

No, it technically doesn’t. Solar panels and generators are connected to a grid, which is powered by a power network that a utility company manages. However, whatever generator power you use is given back as a credit by the utility company.

If you want to truly live off-grid after installing your panels and generator, you need a battery bank. The battery bank has a storage unit for excess energy—this is your backup power during power outages and winter evenings.

Your Panels Must Be High-Efficient

It doesn’t make sense to have the best solar system setup on the market. In fact, having the best might put you over budget without realizing it. Many don’t understand that the more money you put into a solar system, the more room you’ll need on your property.

Unfortunately, neighbors aren’t always keen on lending you their land unless they have some benefit from the solar generators and panels. So, get a generator just for your property. Don’t spend on solar power beyond what you can afford.

Solar Energy Is Bad for the Environment

Actually, it’s quite the contrary. Solar energy’s one of the best things you can do for the environment. A solar system can last up to 25 years so long as homeowners conduct maintenance on their panels and generators.

What else makes solar generators better for the environment? The glass! The PV panels you see on your solar panels are 90 percent glass, and the other 10 percent are recyclable materials. That is possibly the most commonly busted myth about solar energy.

Solar energy is an essential part of sustainable living. We’re happy that you’re here to learn the truth about these myths. At Our Generators, we’re delighted to bust even more while helping you find the right generator for you. Browse our online shop for solar powered generators that fit your needs and budget.